Microbiome and Science Integrity Consultant
• Senior scientist (PhD) with extensive post-doctoral and industry experience in the fields of host-associated and environmental microbiomes, clinical microbiology, infectious diseases, and microbial ecologySee her Linkedin profile
• Experienced writer and editor of scientific papers with extensive knowledge of scientific writing and publishing. Currently author of 37 scientific publications, 7 of which were selected by the Faculty of 1000.
• Associate Editor for Microbiome Journal; editorial board member of ISME Journal and Frontiers in Microbiology
• Peer-reviews ~30 scientific papers per year (Publons.com 2016 leaderboard for Stanford University)
• Strong experimental skills in a variety of molecular techniques, including isolation of nucleic acids from clinical and environmental sources, DNA amplification, sequencing, and microarrays
• Experienced user of sequence and phylogenetic analysis software, including BLAST, RDP, QIIME, Phyloseq, and ARB, and creator of great R ggplot graphs
• 12 invited-speaker talks at conferences and universities, e.g. in Chile, Mexico, and Japan
• Trained and mentored undergraduate/graduate students, MD fellows, and research assistants
• Set up several molecular labs. Knowledge of CAP, CLIA, and HIPAA.
• Strong outreach and social media presence: Blogs and tweets about literature in the fields of microbiome and microbial ecology research on www.microbiomedigest.com(400 visits/day), www.microBE.net, and @MicrobiomDigest (verified Twitter account with 16K followers)
• Hunter for science misconduct, such as plagiarism and image duplications. My work has been featured in the New York Times, Le Monde, Nature, STAT News, The Scientist, and RetractionWatch.